Dollar Launches New Service for Mobile Devices
Dollar Rent A Car
(918) 669-2236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(212) 965-5388 or email@example.com
Tulsa, Okla., June 18, 2008 – Dollar Rent A Car, a subsidiary of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE: DTG), has unveiled a new mobile service that allows travelers to make a reservation with DOLLAR.com, the company’s award-winning Web site, anywhere using a cell phone or other Web-enabled mobile device.
Optimized for viewing on a Web-enabled mobile phone, DOLLAR.com continues to deliver the best car rental value available in a format that is easy-to-use and easy on the eyes. The new mobile site retains virtually all of the features and functionality of the DOLLAR.com desktop website. Users of mobile devices will be automatically redirected to the mobile site when they visit www.dollar.com.
Using the enhanced mobile service, travelers may:
- Make a reservation at any one of Dollar Rent A Car’s convenient worldwide locations;
- Cancel or modify an existing reservation with DOLLAR®;
- Display all car types available or only those desired;
- Log in as a Dollar Express member, expediting the rental process by using the information contained in your profile;
- Get the benefit of special offers with promotional codes or get the benefits associated with your corporate account ID number; and
- Earn Dollar Express Rewards points toward free future rental days or frequent flyer points with participating airline and hotel partners.
“As many of our customers are road warriors on the go, Dollar Rent A Car wants to be as convenient as possible and minimize hassle,” said Charlie Coniglio, vice president of E-commerce and Global Distribution for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. “With this new Web-enabled product from DOLLAR.com, we are combining functionality with the strong value proposition customers have come to expect from DOLLAR. Usablenet has delivered a product that we can be very proud of.”
The new service will be powered by New York-based Usablenet, Inc. Specializing in helping organizations to support users of mobile and assistive technologies for Web access, Usablenet was founded in 2000. The company has unmatched experience and expertise in addressing the limitations of multiple, disparate devices, browsers, formats, and technologies and providing seamless access to all types of web content and services. Today, Usablenet’s core platforms are being relied on at over 300 organizations, with clients that include Delta Air Lines, Hilton Hotels, Northwest Airlines, Marriott Hotels, Amtrak, US Airways, NYC, City of Miami, Amtrak, NJ Transit, the State of Oregon, 1800Flowers and many others.
About Dollar Rent A Car
Dollar has more than 535 worldwide locations in 48 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America, including more than 250 in the United States. Dollar serves the value-conscious traveler and is a subsidiary of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company headquartered in Tulsa, Okla. For additional information, visit www.dtag.com or www.dollar.com.