Mexico Insurance FAQs
What is Mexico Insurance?
- Mexico Insurance provides a customer with liability and asset protection necessary to be in compliance with Mexican law while visiting Mexico
Why am I required to purchase it?
- Border Patrol requires a renter to be covered under a Mexico Insurance policy in order to enter Mexico as it provides legal compliance to the renter/occupants and associated vehicle crossing the border
Is it required even if I have a US auto insurance policy?
- Yes, Mexico does not recognize US issued auto insurance policies
What does the insurance cover?
- Liability for injury and/or damages to third parties*
- Collision and comprehensive coverage for the rental vehicle*
- Theft of rental vehicle*
- Medical expenses for vehicle occupants*
What are the additional benefits of Mexico Insurance, in addition to legal compliance?
- Local legal representation of the renter, if necessary
- Transportation of the rental car, if not drivable, to US border for pickup by Hertz
What if I have additional questions?
- For more information, please see a counter agent at your rental location or contact Hertz by phone.
- Collision: $300.00 deductible
- Comprehensive Deductible: $1,000.00
- Medical Expense Limit: $75,000.00
- Third Party Liability Limit: $300,000.00 (Combined Single Limit for injury and/or property damage)